The ability to influence and persuade others to take action is a key skill in all business areas, be it external or internal negotiation, sales work, a persuasive presentation, selling a new idea, gaining support for a request, or a buy-in for our initiative.
With our communication and overall behaviour, we make an impact anyway, even if we don’t want to – so we’d better create it consciuosly. The question is how can we influence others with intergrity and successfully to reach our goals in a win-win, non-manipulating way?
The course teaches the participants how make their presentations and negotiating arguments more appealing and emotionally engaging to gain their partners’ buy-in for cooperation. It also increases the awareness of those factors that are capable of strongly influencing us humans, our decisions, in a less conscious way.
The focus is on the core principles of influencing and persuasive presentation, but it will also help clarify the role of self-worth and self-esteem, thus understanding how to create a good atmosphere for our discussions, and how to convince our partners in a way that also meets their core needs.
- exert influence and make an impact through their communication
- create and deliver persuasive presentations effectively
- convince others in discussions and negotiations
- recognize and use influencing techniques and handle them consciously
- differentiate and handle manipulation
- Aristotle’s 3 pillars of effective persuasion
- how to sell an idea with a properly structured presentation
- the concept of self-worth and how it influences the atmosphere
- how to gain buy-in when we have conflicting desires
- explore and practice Cialdini’s 6 principles of influencing
- how to differentiate and handle manipulation